Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Literature I Love

So I have always liked reading, writing, poetry, etc. and sometimes I like to revisit what I used to love.

Last weekend, I revisited one of my favorite childhood books, The Giver. This book is simply amazing and I would really like to read more from this talented author, Lois Lowry. I can't put it down until I finish reading it. Every time. Without fail.


Another piece of literature I always loved was The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I cannot tell you exactly why, I just always did. So I'm currently revisiting this one. Mainly because it actually just popped into my head as I began this post. :)

If you have not yet read it, or wish to read it again, visit:

http://www.online-literature.com/coleridge/646/


And while I'm on the subject of my childhood and literature... Two series of books I loved are both officially over. The first series is The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville. I read the first book in elementary school, and he just came out with the last maybe two summers ago? It took forever, but now I don't have more to look forward to.

The other was Harry Potter. I bought HP7 parts 1 and 2 on DVD this past weekend. I hadn't seen part 2 yet. It was the only HP movie I didn't see in theaters, which saddened me because it was like a sign for me to grow up.. but now that I have seen it, it really is like my childhood is over. So sad. I remember reading each book the day it came out (except the 6th because mom took it away from me until I finished my summer reading for school which I never did so I ended up reading it the day before the 7th book came out then read the 7th one right afterwards... which kind of worked because I always went back and read at least the one, if not all, books before reading the new one). So long childhood.


That's a good thing about becoming a teacher though... the kids ask me for book references. I've already had a few read The Giver and they loved it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment