Monday, August 27, 2012

SuMMeR is over :(

This summer was a pretty good one. Since I graduated in December, I had been home for a while.. I worked at BC Comm Center until camp began... and I was a TA for 1st and 2nd grade April-June.. during the summer I did the counselor thing again mid June-August. It was fun at times, but I kind of got worn out quickly for some reason.

Thankfully, though, throughout the summer I had a few vacations - end of June I went to NY. Stayed at my great aunt's bungalow at Rockaway Beach, saw my only remaining great aunt at her convent (yes, she's a retired nun) and took her out for lunch, saw my entire family on my mom's side at my uncle's bday/anniversary party, saw most of them again in CT at my cousin's high school graduation party, but the real fun was Monday when I was coming home. Of course there were storms in both NYC and Raleigh so my flight from NY to Baltimore was delayed multiple times, got into BWI so late I missed the last flight out to RDU, but luckily my aunt lives like 15mins down the road so I called her to come get me and stayed w/her for the night. They brought me back to BWI Tuesday morning where I caught the first flight home, showered, and went to work. All in all it was a great trip though. 

I went on a day trip to the beach with my sister, cousin, and nephew before we brought him back up north. We had a pretty good 4th of July with the fam and friends at the neighborhood lake - met some new neighborhood friends that we kind of competed with to see who had the better fireworks! Haha that was fun. That weekend I went back up to NY w/sister, cousin, and nephew. We stopped in MD with my aunt/cousins, then all went up the next day to NY to my other aunts house. Spent time with them, ate lunch at the deli, and I hung out w/my cousin closest to my age at night... that Saturday we went to a METS game w/most of the fam where there was a brick outside dedicated to my grandpa and they said happy 80th bday to him on the big screen! It was a lot of fun. I'm so glad I went :) I have loved spending time with my family lately. I wish I could see them more frequently. My 13yr old cousin emails and texts me sometimes though so I'm pretty updated on her life. I love it. 

The next weekend I went out of town (still in NC) to visit a friend and it was a pretty chill, relaxing weekend watching movies.I also had another couple of days off later in July when I was supposed to go to FL, but nobody could watch my dog so I didn't go :( I still didn't work though; I just relaxed. Watched more movies, hung out w/a friend.. 

I've been really grateful this summer for one friend in particular actually. I've kinda been feeling distant from people and life in general, but even when I pushed this person, they tried harder to get in.. That, my readers, is a really good friend.

Hopefully I will remember to blog again within the next few weeks as I continue my job hunt. It's so frustrating not getting any calls after submitting a bunch of applications. I'm ready to give up and just look for something completely random. I don't even know what else I'd want - maybe I should finally go chase tornadoes. That would be so much fun. I'll try to keep you guys updated on whatever happens from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment